Tuesday, November 12, 2013

High in Quito

I had to pinch myself when the captain said we were flying over Panama on Monday because we've never been as far south as the equator before.

I'm including this Pre Columbian Equadorian sculpure because I've got altitude
problems, despite two days of medicine and gallons of water. And Bob is fine. Just fine. Not fair.




The medicine hasn't suited me either. I was up every hour last night because my tongue was stuck to the roof of my mouth. Drank a liter of water overnight.

Tomorrow we're going by bus to Mindo, two hours east of here and a drop of 4 000 feet. You'll see photos of exotic birds and frogs.

Tonight I ordered tomato juice and what came was yellow and sweet. The server said that it was from the Tomate Tree. Who would have thunk it.

We're impressed by Equador. Apparently health care and education is quite good and people seem happy.

Hasta pronto.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment