Saturday, March 30, 2013

Vistas From Here

I'd understand if you might wonder how I could be so happy with such a plain room. If I could have taken a photo of the last closet I was in I would have. But even a wide angle wouldn't have dressed it up.This room has a small flat sceen TV, a bedside lamp, a clock and a fan. Bliss.

a room with a view
outside my door
down the hill

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

The semi mansion below has been converted into a school. It's the most lovely building visible in the town.

Tomorrow I'm going to visit an area with enormous Ceiba trees. Today was the first day of relaxation since arriving here almost three weeks ago. Things are starting to wind down, it seems. The bus for San Pedro on Tuesday leaves at 5:15 am -- will be back in TO at 11:55 p.m. Lots of time for reflections.

 

I can't believe I'm still taking pictures of roosters. But I'm waking up even now with their "singing", which is what they do here -- usually around 3:15 a.m. I thought I'd recognized the male from the female, having had so much listening practice. But no.

Some people say that males call females and females call other females and that the guys don't call each other at all. Other people say that the females only call out when they are laying eggs. I bet some of you know.

more noisy characters

At the moment I'm picking ants from my PJs. I hung them on the line earlier today, brought them in and then noticed masses of black moving dots. Ugh.

Hasta pronto.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment