Thursday, December 18, 2014

The Surprise of Huatulco

Our flight here was full of delays and confusion. The first time ever we've had lost luggage and delayed connections. The upshot is that I've been here for two days wearing the clothes on my back from Caledon where temp was 0 F, when the temp here is 30. Very hot, discombobulating and annoying. I have only my carry on backpack with camera, device cords and iPad.

So this is why I haven't posted sooner. I've been married by phone to Aeromexico , filing reports and so forth. Maybe the bag will still arrive and I will kiss the ground when it does. All my stuff for four weeks as well as Christmas presents is in the bag. Big nuisance.

The town is fun, energetic and most of the the tourists here are from other parts of Mexico. A few people speak English. You'll see photos of a parade honouring a saint, A few large, colourful characters and some interesting bits of nature.


        An odd character.


         School children in parade.







     The guys talking just the way guys do.


     Weaving on the main street.





    Making ice cream.



    Nature's art.



       Intricate tree.

We are off to Santa Cruz tomorrow. More to follow. Enjoy Christmas preparations!






No comments:

Post a Comment