Monday, August 15, 2011

Standing at the Edge of a Cliff

     
The purpose of these stories is to inspire you to seize opportunities as they come into your life.  I hope they will encourage you to make life changes you dream of, to find and follow your life passion. Adventures and risk taking help build your self esteem.

These adventure stories have frightened, challenged and taught me life lessons. I have not followed the normal path most people take. The routes I’ve taken to arrive at where I am now are different and unconventional. And yet, looking back over the years, I realize that despite many missteps, I’ve gained so much confidence and self esteem along the way.

We’re all different and so your adventures and journeys will be different. You might say to yourself while reading my stories, “I would never do that?” or “Was she nuts?” Like everyone else, I had to fight internal battles along the way.

Because I am a self esteem coach, while reading these stories, try to answer three questions, “What mountains do I want to climb?”  “What beasts do I need to confront? and “What are my stories?” We all have our stories. What are yours?

We are two people. 
The people we are and the people we want to be.
 Who do you want to be?

This blog begins with my trek to Everest Base Camp in the early 2000s. Some of the stories in this blog are sequential. Others are not. I’ll try to connect the dots for you and will give each story a context.

No comments:

Post a Comment